ABOUT FRED C. COX
Fred served as a member of the Utah State House of Representatives for
2015 and 2016 representing almost 1/3 of West Valley City residents. He
also served in the Utah State House for 2011 and 2012. A Utah native,
and a lifelong resident of Salt Lake County, Fred graduated from
Highland High School, studied at the University of Utah, graduating
from what is now called Salt Lake Community College in Architectural
Technology. A licensed Utah Architect, Fred started his own
architectural firm in 1996, working and living in West Valley City.
Fred and his wife Aleta have lived in West Valley City for over 28
• Utah State House of Representatives, January 2015 through December
• Utah State House of Representatives, January 2011 through December
• Utah Republican State Central Committee, 2011 to present.
• Utah Republican State Delegate 2002-2003, 2005-2011, 2013, 2016.
• Salt Lake County Republican Bylaws Committee, 2013 to present.
• Salt Lake County Republican Central Committee, 2010-2012, 2014 to
• Salt Lake County Republican Legislative District Chair, August 2010
to January 2011.
• ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce,
Nov. 2010 to 2016
• AIA Utah, Government Affairs Committee, January 2008 to January 2011
and January 2013 to present.
• Utah Child Care Center Licensing Committee, 2014. Appointed by Gov.
Herbert, confirmed by the Utah Senate
• Campaign Volunteer and/or Consultant for the following:
Ron Bigelow, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2013.
Ron Bigelow, Utah House of Representatives, 1994 to 2010.
Jason Chaffetz, U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 3rd District, May
2008 through 2010.
Kevin Fayles, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2009.
Dave Hansen, Utah State Republican Party Chair, March 2009 to June 2009.
Cherilyn Eagar, 2010 US Senate Race, May 2009 to May 2010,
Tim Bridgewater, 2010 US Senate Race, May and June 2010.
Morgan Philpot, 2010 U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 2nd District,
June 2010 to November 2010.
Daniel W. Thatcher, 2010 Utah State Senate, District 12, August 2010 to
• Church Based community service
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
• Licensed Utah Architect since 1991
• Licensed Idaho Architect since 2008
• Licensed Oklahoma Architect since 2011
• Licensed Wyoming Architect since 2011
• Licensed Texas Architect since 2012
• Member of the American Institute of Architects since 1991
• Member of ChamberWest since 2007
• Charter Member of Valley West Rotary Club
1984-1985 Associate of Applied Science, Architectural Technology, Utah
Technical College. (now Salt Lake Community College).
1979,80,82-84 Studies in Computer Science, Architecture, University of