ABOUT FRED C. COX
Fred Cox served as a member of
the Utah State House of Representatives in 2011 and 2012 representing
approx. 1/4 of West Valley City residents.
A Utah native, and a lifelong resident of Salt Lake County, Fred
graduated from Highland High School, studied at the University of Utah,
graduating from what is now called Salt Lake Community College in
Architectural Technology. A licensed Utah Architect, Fred started his
own architectural firm in 1996, working and living in West Valley City.
Fred and his wife Aleta have lived in West Valley City for over 25
• Utah State House of Representatives, January 2011 through December
• Utah Republican State Central Committee, 2011 to present.
• Utah Republican State Delegate 2002-2003, 2005-2011, 2013.
• Salt Lake County Republican Bylaws Committee, 2013 to present.
• Salt Lake County Republican Central Committee, 2010 though 2012.
• Salt Lake County Republican Legislative District Chair, August 2010
to January 2011.
• ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce Government Action Committee,
Nov. 2010 to present
• AIA Utah, Government Affairs Committee, January 2008 to January 2011
and January 2013 to present.
• Campaign Volunteer and/or Consultant for the following:
Ron Bigelow, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2013.
Ron Bigelow, Utah House of Representatives, 1994 to 2010.
Jason Chaffetz, U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 3rd District, May
2008 through 2010.
Kevin Fayles, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2009.
Dave Hansen, Utah State Republican Party Chair, March 2009 to June 2009.
Cherilyn Eagar, 2010 US Senate Race, May 2009 to May 2010,
Tim Bridgewater, 2010 US Senate Race, May and June 2010.
Morgan Philpot, 2010 U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 2nd District,
June 2010 to November 2010.
Daniel W. Thatcher, 2010 Utah State Senate, District 12, August 2010 to
• Church Based community service
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
• Licensed Utah Architect since 1991
• Licensed Idaho Architect since 2008
• Licensed Oklahoma Architect since 2011
• Licensed Wyoming Architect since 2011
• Licensed Texas Architect since 2012
• Member of the American Institute of Architects since 1991
• Member of ChamberWest since 2007
1984-1985 Associate of Applied Science, Architectural Technology, Utah
Technical College. (now Salt Lake Community College).
1979,80,82-84 Studies in Computer Science, Architecture, University of