ABOUT FRED C. COX
as a member of the Utah State House of Representatives for 2015 and
representing almost 1/3 of West Valley City residents. He also
served in the
Utah State House for 2011 and 2012. A Utah native, and a lifelong
Salt Lake County, Fred graduated from Highland High School, studied at
University of Utah, graduating from what is now called Salt Lake
College in Architectural Technology. A licensed Utah Architect, Fred
his own architectural firm in 1996, working and living in West Valley City. Fred and his wife
Aleta have lived
in West Valley City for over 30 years.
• Utah State House of
Representatives, January 2015 through
• Utah State House of
2011 through December 2012.
• Utah Republican State Central Committee, 2011 to present.
Republican State Executive Committee, 2017 to present.
Republican State Delegate 2002-2003, 2005 to 2012, 2013, 2015 to 2016.
• Salt Lake County Republican Bylaws
2013 to present.
• Salt Lake County Republican Delegate,
2014 to 2016.
• Salt Lake County Republican Central
2010-2012, 2014 to 2016.
• Salt Lake County Republican Legislative District Chair, August 2010
• Valley West Rotary Club, Charter member, 2014 to present,
• West Point Neighborhood Watch Chair, 2017 to present.
• Southwest Valley Chamber of Commerce,
• ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2007 through 2016
• Western Growth Coalition, 2010 to present.
• AIA Utah, Government
January 2008 to January 2011 and January 2013 to present.
Code Officials Legislative Affairs Committee, 2017 to present.
• Utah Child Care Center Licensing Committee,
Appointed by Gov. Herbert, confirmed by the Utah
Volunteer and/or Consultant for
Ron Bigelow, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2013, 2017
Ron Bigelow, Utah House of
Representatives, 1994 to
Jason Chaffetz, U.S. House of
Representatives, Utah 3rd District, May 2008
Kevin Fayles, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2009.
Dave Hansen, Utah State Republican Party
Chair, March 2009
to June 2009.
Cherilyn Eagar, 2010 US Senate Race, May 2009 to May 2010,
Tim Bridgewater, 2010 US Senate Race, May and June 2010.
Morgan Philpot, 2010 U.S. House of
Representatives, Utah 2nd District, June
2010 to November
Daniel W. Thatcher, 2010 Utah State Senate, District 12, August 2010 to
• Church Based community service
Architect since 1991
• Licensed Idaho Architect since 2008
• Licensed Oklahoma Architect since 2011
• Licensed Wyoming Architect since 2011
• Licensed Texas Architect since 2012
• Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout, 1976
• Member of the American Institute of Architects since 1991
• Charter Member of Valley West Rotary Club since 2014
1984-1985 Associate of Applied Science, Architectural Technology,
Technical College. (now Salt Lake Community College).
1979, 80, 82-84 Studies in Computer Science, Architecture, University of Utah